The tow bars are nothing less than a welcome sight for your vehicle. Whether you want to pull a big convoy or a smaller vehicle, having a tow bar would ease your task. Apart from this, if you are an adventure fanatic, then you would require a tow bar to accomplish all your journeys with safety. By getting the best tow bar for Jeep Wrangler, you can utilize it for versatile purposes. From increasing your jeep’s living space by towing a caravan to enhance bumper life, a tow bar does it all. Give your long driving quests a punch of comfort, and make the most out of it.
What is a tow bar?
A tow bar is an essential tool that is mainly fixed on the vehicle’s chassis. One can attach it either on the frontal or the back end of the vehicle as per the need of the hauling purpose. It facilitates safe and effortless towing of a caravan, SUVs, trucks, and whatnot. Besides, you can easily tow your vehicle in no time to get the versatile benefits of a jeep. The following product reviews and buying considerations guide you in choosing the best tow bar for Jeep Wrangler.
Top 10 Jeep Wrangler Tow Bar Reviews
1. Adjustable Universal 20046 Tow Bar by Hiltex: Best Lightweight and Stylish Construction
This tow bar features a fitting ball of two inches to tow the vehicle with higher efficiency. The mounting area of this product ranges between 24″ to 41″ wider. Apart from this, it can pull weights of up to 5000 pounds with ease. For performance enhancements, the hardened steel towing bar is heat-treated as well. Another good thing to consider about the product is that it has two safety chains of 30″ each that are adjustable too. It delivers optimum safety, thereby making this one the best tow bar for Jeep Wrangler.
By the way, this tow bar is easily foldable to occupy less space for storage. Being a perfect choice for heavy-duty towing, it features a sleek and low-profile design. Further, one can even expand and customize the tow bar’s width for an easy application. However, there are no such issues related to pressure or compression. In the final analysis, this tow bar offers great durability and reliability in terms of performance. Due to this, you can utilize this tool for long-term use without much maintenance.
- Two safety chain of 30 inches each
- Foldable and lightweight design
- Contains a versatile fitting ball of two inches
- Suitable for heavy-duty towing
- Made using the heat-treated and hardened steel
- Offers unmatchable protection and strength
- Brand: Hiltex
- Model: 20046
- Weight: 28.7 pounds
- Dimensions: 44.69 x 9.84 x 4.33 inches
- Sturdy performance
- Easily adjustable width
- Sleek construction to occupy less space
- The quality of chains and bolts is not up to the mark
- Not much resilient to deterioration
2. Towpower 74344 Class III Adjustable Tow Bar by Reese: Best Foldable Design
This product comes with a pound capacity of 5,000 lbs, which is quite considerable in the segment. In addition to this, it has two bar folds that are fully customizable to make it the best tow bar for Jeep Wrangler. Another impressive aspect of this tow bar is that it offers easy storage functionality for the user’s convenience. There is a coupler of 2-inch along with a universal set of bumper brackets.
Besides easy adjustability, this tow bar ensures a safe experience for trailer towing for the user. The build-up of this product comprises high-quality materials to provide long-lasting and reliable performance. With a rating of 5,000 GVW, the tow bar is highly durable to provide best-in-class performance to the user. To put it another way, this tow bar is resistant to daily wear and tear. On the whole, it requires less maintenance and is easily installable as well.
- 5,000 lbs capacity
- Includes a universal set of bumper brackets
- Two-inch coupler for convenient application
- Customizable tow bar folds for compact storage
- Highly resistant to deteriorations
- Made using the premium quality materials
- Brand: Reese
- Model: 74344
- Weight: 32 pounds
- Dimensions: 37.5 x 11.3 x 5.6 inches
- Foldable construction
- Ideal for long-term use
- Black-colored elegant aesthetic appearance
- It might need base plate fabrication
- One might require extra tools to tighten the bolts
3. Falcon 2 Mounted 520 Tow Bar by Roadmaster: Top-notch Support and Safety
With a striking load capacity of 6000 lbs, this tow bar provides reliable performance. Also, the steel crossbar of optimal length offers exceptional support and safety. Due to this, one can consider this product as the best tow bar for Jeep Wrangler. One of the most intriguing aspects of this tow bar is that it has a lustrous coating of high-tech powder. As a result of this, it can withstand the deteriorations related to extreme weather conditions and salt spray.
More notable is the self-lubricating bushing of nylon to remove the friction amongst the outer and inner arms. Furthermore, it ensures a smooth and convenient operation with user-friendly and advanced engineering. Likewise, this product has a massive hook-up radius, which is quite considerable in the segment. To put it another way, this makes the towing process a hassle-free one. To sum up, this tow bar is heavy, due to which it offers maximum stability and balance when in use.
- 6,000 lbs optimal load capacity
- Rugged and steadfast construction of stainless steel
- Self-supportive and faster-connecting system
- Auto-lock mechanism for better safety
- Patented latch for convenient storage
- Features a coating of high-tech and lustrous powder
- Brand: Roadmaster
- Model: 520
- Weight: 50 pounds
- Dimensions: 44.8 x 65 x 7.1 inches
- Highly durable construction
- Swift mechanism
- Friction-reducing nylon bushings
- This product does not include safety cables
- The user has to purchase the mounting brackets separately
4. Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar RB-9050 by NSA RV Products: Best Robust Construction
This elite tow bar features premium mechanisms along with durable construction. In addition to these, it comprises of brake that activates the brake-pedal of the towed vehicle directly without contacting the hydraulic system. This makes it the best tow bar for Jeep Wrangler based on performance and durability. A great aspect to look for in this versatile tow bar is that it is made using aluminum. Besides a highly functional and patented ready brake system, this tow bar has a load capacity of 8000 pounds.
Furthermore, this tow bar has a super-stylish look comprising of a powder coating that protects it from dirt and adverse weather conditions. However, this product is also efficient for accomplishing heavy-duty towing with greater ease. Coming onto the functionality of this product, it assists in balancing the towed vehicle’s weight efficiently. Likewise, the tow bar also reduces the stopping distance at a significant pace. On the whole, it provides optimum control of the vehicle’s braking system.
- Made using aluminum for robustness
- Rubber boots to offer protection against grime
- Includes safety cables for emergency use
- The highly futuristic braking system
- Competent for heavy-duty towing purpose
- The exceptional towing capacity of 8,000 lbs
- Brand: NSA RV Products
- Model: RB-9050
- Weight: 48.2 pounds
- Dimensions: 53.5 x 9.25 x 9 inches
- Offers more stability while towing
- Delivers long-lasting performance
- Requires less maintenance
- There is no inclusion of mounting clevis
- The installation instructions are vague
5. All Terrain 522 Tow Bar by Roadmaster: Smooth and Swift Mechanism
This all-terrain tow bar consists of a faster disconnect system that facilitates easy and swift mounting along with tool removal. In the same way, there is an in-built cable guide that enhances the overall appearance. Besides this, it also assists in keeping the power cord as well as the safety cables protected against damages. On the other hand, there is a patented latch for convenient storage. All you need to do is fold the tow bar simply in the motorhome’s direction to auto-lock it in the place.
Coming onto the balance, this tow bar is heavy enough to provide more stable performance while towing. The auto-lock system and different safety features make it the best tow bar for Jeep Wrangler. Also, the installation system for this product is convenient and user-friendly. By the way, the design of this tow bar is pretty sleek and elegant. To summarize, you can enjoy adventurous rides with safety by having this product by your side.
- In-built cable guide for protection
- Patented latch design for easy storage
- Swift disconnect and removal system
- Simplistic yet elegant design
- Facilitates heavy duty towing
- Ideal for all types of terrains
- Brand: Roadmaster
- Model: 522
- Weight: 66 pounds
- Dimensions: 45 x 65 x 8 inches
- Easy-to-fold tow bar
- Versatile suitability
- Superior towing capacity
- The robustness of arms is not satisfactory
- Not much resistance to weather deterioration
6. Alpha BX7365 Tow Bar by Blue Ox: Superior Towing Efficiency
Featuring an A-shaped simplistic design, this tow bar is easily foldable to provide the user with convenient storage facilities. With a towing capacity of 6,500 lbs, this product comes with easy-to-release locking handles. These assist in disconnecting the hook-up pins in no time, making it the best tow bar for Jeep Wrangler. Additionally, user-friendly integrations and stylish design are the most notable aspects of this product.
Crafted with premium-quality steel, this tow bar possesses a tripe lug construction. It helps in handling the weight with better efficiency and balance. For ensuring optimal protection, this product has rubber boots. Apart from this, it also contains safety cables capable of towing up to 10,000 lbs with ease. Moreover, the installation system is easy and hassle-free. Being a light tow bar, it can carry extreme weights with steadiness. Thus, it delivers a power-packed performance while towing the vehicle.
- Steel construction with triple lug design
- Reliable performance in long-term use
- Rubber boots for unmatchable protection
- Safety cables for a power-packed performance
- Swift disconnection system
- Smooth functioning locking handles
- Brand: Blue Ox
- Model: BX7365
- Weight: 41 pounds
- Dimensions: 6.25 x 6.25 x 43.5 inches
- Robust design for sturdiness
- Maximum towing stability
- Offers safety features
- No inclusion of power cords
- The quality of rubber boots is not impressive
7. Ball 2″ Adjustable 87450 Tow Bar Kit by Smittybilt: Reliable and User-friendly
This product includes a 2-inch coupler, D-ring brackets, along two universal brackets. In addition to these, it also arrives with two lateral crosspiece brackets. If you are looking for a compatible kit with small vehicles, consider this as the best tow bar for Jeep Wrangler. What attracts the most is the premium features along with the top-quality steel construction. Further, the tow bar is highly capable of delivering reliable and lasting performance in long-term use.
A striking thing about this product is that it consists of lateral and safety brackets to maintain stability and balance during towing. Secondly, the 2-inch coupler offers a versatile application to the user. Yet another equally important addition is safety. For this, the tow bar has chains made of steel alongside a plating of nickel. In brief, it offers great protection, thereby enhancing the looks of the tow bar.
- A quick system for connection and disconnection
- Nickel-plated safety chains for optimal protection
- Lateral strut and D-ring brackets
- Efficient in towing up to 5,000 lbs
- Strikes a reliable balance while towing
- Low-profile and stylish design
- Brand: Smittybilt
- Model: 87450
- Weight: 32.7 pounds
- Dimensions: 48 x 12 x 7 inches
- Black-colored for attractive looks
- Smooth finish texture
- Easy installation system
- The quality of bolts is not that good
- Not recommendable for heavy-duty towing
If you admire the lightweight design and simplistic integrations, this one is the best tow bar for Jeep Wrangler. With a concealing of black powder coating along with the semi-gloss finish, the looks of this tow bar would turn the heads for you. Not only this, but the coating also safeguards the toe bar against adverse weather conditions. Apart from this, its compact size facilitates easy handling of the tow bar. Even the installation process of this product is a simple one and requires no professional assistance.
You will be getting bolts, baseplate, and nuts, along with this fork-attached tow bar. Talking about the construction, it comprises premium quality materials that add to this tow bar’s durability. Well, this product is highly reliable as it can withstand the damages related to rust and grime. This makes it suitable for long-term use, thereby extending its life.
- Protective black powder coating
- Resistant to grime and rust
- Works well in all weather conditions
- Semi-gloss finish for a stylish look
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Less-complicated installation process
- Brand: Currie
- Model: CE-9033JK
- Weight: 31 pounds
- Dimensions: 43 x 11 x 4 inches
- Resilient build-up
- Attractive design
- Hard-wearing performance
- Lacks in terms of versatility
- The paint job could have been much better
9. Universal Adjustable Mount Tow Bar Kit by EZ: Backed with Heavy Duty Coupler
This product includes a customizable tow bar, a heavy-duty coupler of 2 inches, and low magnetic lights. These additions make this one the best tow bar for Jeep Wrangler. Apart from these, you will also be getting a safety cable of 26 feet for superior safety assurance for towing. What strikes the most is the towing capacity of 5,000 lbs that aids in effortless towing. Not only this, but there is also an inclusion of swift release pins for the smooth functioning of the tow bar.
In addition to the above, you will be getting the facility of adjustable arms that improves the overall towing performance. Furthermore, one can easily connect and disconnect this tow bar with ease as it features a hassle-free installation system. In particular, this tow bar’s horizontal brackets enhance the balance and stability while towing the vehicle. In the final analysis, this product is effective in delivering heavy-duty performance in long-term use.
- Lightweight with 5,000 lbs towing capacity
- Safety chains for the finest protection
- Highly expandable and flexible arms
- Fast-acting connect and disconnect system
- Horizontal brackets for extra stability and balance
- Robust coupler for hard-wearing performance
- Brand: EZ Travel Good Life Distribution
- Model: EZ-0405
- Weight: 35 pounds
- Dimensions: 48.5 x 10.8 x 10 inches
- Includes resourceful tools and accessories
- Offers exceptional safety integrations
- Proficient in heavy-duty towing
- The quality of magnetic flow lights is not striking
- Bolts are weak and strip very often
10. Towpower Adjustable Tow Bar 7014200 by Reese: Premium Supplementary Accessories
This class III tow bar is crafted with steel and is covered with a coating of black powder. Besides, the sleek and smooth finish texture gives this one an attractive look. It has a weight capacity of 5,000 lbs, which is very reasonable in the segment. The most highlight part is that it arrives with additional accessories that make it the best tow bar for Jeep Wrangler. These include a ball coupler of 2 inches, alongside clip and pin.
With the pin and clip’s help, one can easily attach and detach the tow bar to the vehicle. The width and length of the same are highly adjustable and offer more convenience to the user for towing. Furthermore, you can customize the width by loosening the bolts. On the other hand, to fine-tune the length, one has to customize the bolt holes accordingly. To conclude, you can permanently mount this tow bar on the vehicle.
- Highly durable steel build-up
- Smooth finish coating for extra resilience
- Includes a universal bracket set
- Consists of a versatile clip and pin
- Elegant black-colored surface
- Ideal for SUVs and other heavy vehicles
- Brand: Reese
- Model: 7014200
- Weight: 32 pounds
- Dimensions: 11.25 x 5.25 x 20.25 inches
- Quick attach and detach function
- Comes with useful accessories
- Effortlessly adjustable integrations
- There are no safety chains
- No inclusion of U-bolts
Buying Guide of Best Tow Bar for Jeep Wrangler
There is a vast availability of tow bars in the segment that vary as per the size, features, style, and integrations. This has made it a bit tough for the user to select the best amongst them. Before you make your purchase, it is vital to assess and compare a tow bar’s features with your requirement. The following are the buying considerations that would help you select the best tow bar for Jeep Wrangler.
Backup and Safety Integrations
For ensuring optimum towing protection, most tow bars arrive along with wires as well as safety cables. Such accessories assist in keeping the vehicle connected in case of any faults or glitches. Yet, one needs to make sure that the cables or wires are sturdy, resilient, and thick enough to withstand adverse conditions.
The premium tow bars have wires or safety cables as fail-safes. So even if the tow bar is disconnected, these help in keeping the vehicles connected with reliability. Moreover, for better performance, make sure that durable hooks and clamps back the cables on either side.
One of the most pivotal factors to look for before purchasing the tow bar is the weight capacity. Generally, the tow bars are used behind one vehicle to drag another. If the towing capacity is not good enough, then it becomes quite challenging to tow the vehicle. So the tow bar should be able to handle more weight in comparison to your vehicle’s actual weight.
For Jeep Wrangler, a tow bar with a weight capacity of 3-4 tons is sufficient. On the other hand, if you require a tow bar for light or heavy trucks, a towing capacity of up to 5 to 7 tons would work well.
Another pivotal factor to consider before getting a tow bar is the installation process. Generally, the tow bars with low-profile designs are stress-free installation and require less maintenance as well. This makes it very easy for the professional and newbies to fix and utilize the tow bar conveniently.
It is vital to figure out how swiftly you can install as well as uninstall the tow bar. In particular, check whether the brackets and locks are unswerving or not. Likewise, ensure the tow bar consists of high functional locks along with a smooth releasing mechanism. These factors assist in quick connection and disconnection of a tow bar.
The role of towing brackets is to endure your vehicle’s optimal weight upon attaching the hooks to them. That is why you must assess that the towing brackets of the tow bar can efficiently handle all the pressure and weight. These are either positioned on the front of the backside of the vehicle.
The high-quality and strong towing brackets do not come out, even in critical situations. Also, I prefer the ones that are made either with steel or aluminum for better durability. At times, the supplementary attachments such as a shock absorber can lessen the tension from brackets and hooks. In a word, the tow bars with great shock absorption capacity can reduce the need for safety cables or wires.
For reliable performance throughout the year, one must opt for the tow bar that is resistant to extreme weather conditions. Many tow bars fail to perform well during the cold weather and snow and get jammed. To prevent such issues, it is recommendable to get tow bars with high endurance to all types of terrains. Such tow bars can perform efficiently in all seasons.
The all-terrain tow bars can withstand even the freezing weather. These do not get jammed in winters. Additionally, such tow bars are corrosion resistant and do not get deteriorate by the grimes, water, dirt, and humidity.
Tow Bar’s Weight
The tow bars for the Jeep Wrangler should be capable of towing in laid-back as well as difficulties. Due to this, it is often advisable to get a tow bar that does not weigh much. One must assess that the weight of the tow bar is within the specified limits. For this, check whether you can lift or move the tow bar with ease or not. The ideal weight should range between 5 to 35 pounds at maximum.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Best Tow Bar for Jeep Wrangler
What are the different varieties of tow bars?
The following are the most common types of tow bars that vary on the basis of style, size, and functionality.
- Flange Tow bar
- Fixed Tow bar
- Swan Neck Tow bar
- Detachable Tow bar
How much time does it take to install a tow bar?
Ideally, it takes around 1 to 2 hours to install a tow bar. The installation time varies as per the skills and expertise of the person who is going to install it. For professionals, it might take lesser time than the newbies. Also, follow the instructions properly for a hassle-free and swift installation.
Which is the most suitable type of tow bar for Jeep Wrangler?
If you have a Jeep Wrangler, then an A-shaped tow bar would work well for your vehicle. Further, the weight, as well as the towing capacity, might differ in each tow bar variant. You must check whether the features and functionality of the tow bar match your requirements or not. After all, the best tow bar for Jeep Wrangler is the one that is highly efficient in towing.
What measures one must take into account for safe towing?
The following are the two prime measures that you should follow for a safe and effortless towing:
- All the four wheels of the vehicle are touching the ground accurately
- The position of the transfer case should be neutral
How can I use a tow bar?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to use a tow bar appropriately:
- Firstly, you need to install the bracket on the vehicle’s frontal bumper with high-precision
- To carry out the first process, you might need tools for drilling and cutting
- Follow the accurate measurements from the installation guide
- The next step is to fix the tow bar with the help of lynchpins and attach it more securely
- Finally, attach the supplementary safety cables and wires to your vehicle for superior protection
How to maintain a tow bar?
It is essential to maintain the tow bar regularly to get the best performance out of it. For this, you should clean the tow bar using either a brush or a cloth. Yet do not rub excessively as it can cause scratches on the surface of the tow bar. Similarly, there is no need to wash the tow bar with water and do it only if covered fully in grime.
Go for the waterproof tow bars as they are easy to clean and highly resilient. Keep it away from the direct sunlight and cold air as it might lead to defragmentation of the tow bar.
When should I replace my tow bar?
The ideal time to replace a tow bar depends upon the frequency of the use. If you are using a tow bar once a week, it might last for around five years. On the other hand, if you use it quite often, like twice a week, it is advisable to replace it within five years.
You must have become well-versed with the utility, usage, and benefits of a tow bar by now. It is a quintessential vehicle accessory, especially if you love to spend your weekends relishing adventurous rides. In addition to this, a tow bar helps maximize the vehicle’s living space alongside increasing the life of the bumper. Much to your information, it lets the user get the multipurpose benefits of towing a vehicle. If you want to get the best tow bar for Jeep Wrangler, go through the reviews mentioned above and the buying guide.
Moreover, a tow bar lasts around generally for five years, making it a fruitful investment for your vehicle. They ensure proper safety throughout the towing process with the help of advanced integrations. A tow bar would be your absolute companion, from enjoying family weekends to planning a thrilling escapade with friends.
You may read our other review: